Saturday, May 5, 2012

Picture overload. Including Tennessee.

 It seems like yesterday we were coming back from Tennessee and it's been a month now. Soon Julia will be 2 which means I will be 30! I can't wait to see what next year has in store for us. It looks like we are staying down here in Miami for another year so you all are going to have to come visit us where it's always warm and sunny. Julia is great and never stops amazing us. Everyday she does something cool and makes us smile. We had a great time in Tennessee last month with everything except for the scorpions. The first couple days we spent at Dollywood. At first I was skeptical about it and thought it was just going to be a museum of sorts, but I was very wrong. It's a lot like Cedar Point with coasters, shows, and kiddie rides. Julia loved the little kid rides and watching mommy and daddy on their rides. She really liked watching us on the ride that spun around while it went back and forth. We could hear her belly laughing as we went by.We spent a day and a half there and can't wait to go back. The next day we had a picnic by a stream, but left early when it looked like a storm was coming. We drove into Gatlinburg and attempted to go Hillbilly Golfing. It's a mini-golf course built on the side of a hill. You have to ride a cart up to the top to start, then work your way down the hillside as you play. We only made it half way through the first day when it started storming with lightning and pea sized hail. Needless to say we called it a day and got rain checks. The next day we explored Cade's cove. We drove a 9 mile (I think) path through an old settlement. There were old churches, homesteads, grain mills, and beautiful scenery.We all had a ton of fun exploring the buildings. The next night we went to the Lumberjack Feud dinner show. Two families of lumberjacks had a series of games to see who would get the last logging rights in the Smokey mountains.It was a great show and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. After that we went back to the golf course and got to play all 18 holes. The next night Kathy and I watched all the girls while Carin, Chad, Darren, and Jill went zip-lining. They seemed to have fun, but I think we had a better night hanging out with all the girls!! We can't wait to go back, and hopefully it will be an annual event. 
       Since then Julia has had her first horseback riding "lesson". Our friend Cari works at a riding stable and invited us out to put Julia on a horse. Little did I know there was going to be a little horse for her to ride. Julia was so excited to ride Rosie. She loved it so much she named her little zebra Rosie. We finally got  to use the kites that we got for Easter last week. Julia is a natural, and we all had a blast flying our mini kites. 
       Kath and Julia are coming home for a 10 days and I know they are excited to see as many of you as they can. I will more than likely only be up for the weekend right before Memorial day to see one of Kathy's friends get married. Apparently it is going to be a big affair and I hope I get to come home to see it. 
      We love you all and miss you dearly. 
The Lows.

Rubbing Daddy's back!

Moon over Miami

Strutting in her Elmo undies.

Feels so much better than diapers.

Backpack

Super fast

She's getting harder and harder to photograph!

Pretty hair.

Brusha Brusha

Who needs a chair when you got a boxes (from Mema)

sporting my hat from Mema.

Potato!! 
Is she telling us she needs a bath?

Got my flippy floppies on lets go to the pool!

Maybe she is going to take up curling?

Figuring out how to kick a ball.

Julia and William drinking their before bed milk. This was Julia's first sleep over.

I LOVE my milk.

I found the Easter Bunny.

Julia in her Easter bonnet

My Mickey Mouse Easter dvd. 
Kathy woke up to this between our screen.

Lets go fly a kite.

Julia's turn.


Julia and I flying our kites.


Mommy was the best kite pilot.


Mommy I'm on a horse!



She smiled like that the WHOLE time!




Hopefully she doesn't ask me for a pony.

Bunnies.

A couch, tons of chairs, a rug, and she sits on the table.

I got my zoo. Thanks Mema!


French braid.

HI

I think this is the last time we wear that swimsuit.

She loves looking at the families.

She's learning to climb too!

All wrapped up and cozy.

Julia and daddy on the elephants at Dollywood.

They go so high.

Kathy plucking me out of the giant claw machine.

mmmmmmmm pie.

The big girls on a roller coaster with their parents.


Cait and Cara took Julia on the Ducky ride.


The kids playing while a couple of us went on the Wild Eagle ride.

Later I get kicked off the equipment while I was taking Julia through =)

Man the water cannons!


The "family dryer"

The start of day 2 at Dollywood.

The girls went through Dolly's retired tour bus. 

Chad, Carin, Darren, and Jill on the first coaster of the day.

Back to the Elephants.


That's right - Chad is on the piggy ride.

We kept cheering for Julia. Turns out the girl behind her is also named Julia.
Her mommies were confused on how we knew her name!

Got my first scraped knees trying to keep up with the big girls.

A beautiful day at Cade's Cove.


Julia saw the deer and kept saying "goat goat".

In the cemetery at the Baptist Church. 

More beautiful scenery I think there are some turkeys out there.

The Methodist Church.

The inside. It's a beautiful church.


Awesome family pic outside of the Methodist Church. 


Possibly my favorite pic of the week.

The girls looking at the mountains.

Our happy family.

There seem to be a ton of happy families at the cove that day.


Senior pics?

Or glamour shots? 

ok this one is cute.

Crossing the river.

Julia was a big fan of Uncle Darren.


How much is that Julia in the window?


Giddy up daddy.


ok this sign made us laugh.


BEAR. Don't worry it's just a man inside a suit.

The Lumberjack Fued

What are they doing mommy?






Julia got a cookie.


View from our cabin!

The last stop before we head home. My beautiful girls make the scenery just that much better.




The girls coloring.

Uncle Chad.

Hi Libby!

"Crawl like a cat!"

Always the lifeguard

such imagination.

pretty braid.

her serious face.

Mommy feeding smokie the cat.



you sure are....... the girls got us "paper bag" coozies.

on the bottom balcony with my ladies.

someday we will have a porch with rocking chairs of our own/

Julia loves it.


We got bunnied a la Spring Break '94...

Julia and Kath getting ready to go on a hike.
We need this chair.

our KFC picnic by the river.

Julia and her puppets.

Whoa.....

Can you find our doll?

The local Methodist Church.

Goats on the side of the road.

How can I get it out of the store with out anyone noticing.

01

Cletus & John

Mommy is a Duke fan too.

Hillbilly golf.

The whole course is built on the side of a mountain.

Hail delay!

Julia too.

Siamese twins?

Our future proof that they love each other!

Julia's first driving lesson.

It was a beautiful park.

How'd she get up there all by herself?

I'm cute.

The cabin from the outside.




Don't trip.

The End

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I feel like a hillbilly now. Great photos. Love MOM O.

    ReplyDelete