Greetings from chilly Miami Lakes! It has been pretty cold down here - at night it's been in the upper 30s. We had to turn on the heat for the first time since moving down here as Julia's room seems to be coldest in the house. With the heat on and her bundled up at night, she seems to be happy. Then again she is always happy. We set up our Christmas tree when we got back from Michigan and it looks beautiful and is even fully stocked with presents (Thanks to the Grandmas). With the tree come our stockings. The wall is getting pretty full with them all- one for John, Kathy, Julia, and the animals. They look beautiful all hung together (Thanks Carin).
We went to the "Bethlehem Bash" at Church. They seem to have some sort of carnival/event for every holiday. This time they had a re-enactment of the Nativity complete with live animals, a pile of real snow, huge blow up slides and even a couple mortars went off when they lit the bonfire. Santa even made an appearance. Julia did an awesome job and asked Santa for more diapers! It was a great night and we had lots of fun.
The next day we became official members of the Miami Lakes United Methodist Church. Kathy converted and my membership was transferred from St. Paul's. It turns out one of the higher ups at Fed/Ex Latin America sings in the choir. He welcomed us officially to the Church and I told him we would be happy members as long as he kept IFL around down here.
Julia is now an expert at rolling over and seems to "break dance" on her blanket. I turn around and she is 180 degrees from where I left her. Kathy has been working on her sitting and has made a game out of it so Julia doesn't get bored. Julia is also getting really good at taking the rings off of her stacker game. She has even put a couple on (Sorry Grandma - we opened one present early). She has also been working on her flexibility and is able to suck on her toes! She thinks it's very funny and has a huge smile every time she does it.
Kathy has been very busy in the past few weeks. She has begun some new craft projects that seem very promising, we will have to wait and see how they turn out. On top of everything else she is doing she has started tutoring the son of one of her friends from Bible study. He is a very nice boy and I know she will help him tremendously.
Dagny is loving the cooler temps and likes being outside now more than ever! Although some mornings I don't want to go with her - we almost always make our mile lap around the park. Jem is still showing Dagny who is boss on a daily basis but I have hope that someday she will warm up to the pup. At least Dagger will have Julia to play with as soon as she figures out the whole walking thing. Though Julia loves to look at Dagny and laughs every time the dog walks by.
There isn't much new from me. I have been trying to help more at the Church. I see all that Kath does and it makes me want to try harder. I did manage to help build the manger for the live Nativity and I'm proud to say that it didn't even fall down. It hasn't been a very busy month for me and I have gotten to spend some much needed quality time with my family. I'm back to work tomorrow after five days off!
We just love that smile
No comments:
Post a Comment