Sunday, June 26, 2011

June, June, June - where did you go?

Ok,
   Since the last time I had a minute to sit down and actually write so much has changed for our family.
Julia is growing so big - I can't believe it. Everytime I turn around she has more teeth. Kath is making sure they stay brushed and clean. She has mastered crawling and about twice a day she crawls in rapid circles around her play pen. It's really funny to watch. She does a couple laps, stops to catch her breath then she is off again. Julia has also started walking, I think her record is 8 unassisted steps. She will be chasing her cousins around when we come home in a few weeks. Kath and I work with her every day. She can walk a long time holding just one hand. She had her first Easter and got to meet the Easter Bunny, which was exciting. Then she got to go on an egg hunt and got two pretty eggs - one had bubbles and the other had stickers.  The bunny also brought her a pretty pink basket (it looks like a tool box) filled with goodies. Her favorites are her snack cups. She can sit on the couch in the morning with Mommy and Daddy and we all have our Cheerios for breakfast. She has started feeding herself her own bottles too which is helpful - she is getting so independant. As much as she loves playing with us, she can play with her toys by herself and be really happy. She recently added a activity table to her collection and Grandma Ortiz sent a rocking elephant that trumpets when you pull his ear. She loves riding on the elephant and can dismount all by herself.
     Kathy has been so busy these last few months. She had a couple weeks where she was a single mom. I got sent up to Pontiac and she had to take care of everyone down here in Florida by herself. Even though I know they missed me, they all had a great time together. She has been introducing the game Bunko to the ladies of our Church. They had a big game a couple Saturdays ago and everyone had a great time together. It was a bonding opportunity for the women of the Church. In the weeks before, she had a couple pratice games with her friends. I think they are going to start a Bunko night between themselves.
    I have spent the last couple months with my nose in my manuals for work. Just after my last post I was told that I was going to be given an opportunity to upgrade to captain. Kathy was a great help in getting me ready. She made me flashcards, quizzed me on my knowledge, and just all around gave me the support I needed to get through it all. It was a long couple months followed by three very quick weeks in Michigan for training. I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you all when I was there, but they had my days pretty booked. After all was said and done, I passed my test and got the promotion! I couldn't have done it without all of your support and prayers. It helped to have a couple friends in Pontiac that were always willing to help me out when I needed it. Thanks DJ, Kelly, Jeremy, and Anna. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.
Love you,
John

Julia is putting her letters to good use! (Happy Father's Day)

Great smiles.

It's been a long day. What was that number again?

Now I remember.
I'm a big girl eating at the table

I love veggies and noodles.

I came home from work and this was in the middle of the room...

Julia loves it. Thank you Grandma.

This is why I need to fix the couch. Our little daredevil can crawl up the arm of the couch and onto the tray table.

The cat got a new box. She loves boxes

I love my pretty dress.
And playing with Mommy.

I'm a big baby aren't I.

And yes I am sitting on my dolly.

Going for a morning ride.
My first time on a carousel. I loved it.

Julia and Daddy under the Banyon Tree.

Julia's second taste of ice cream.

She still loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment